Meet the nominees for the 2022 Women of Distinction AwardsWednesday, Mar 9, 2022
YWCA Metro Vancouver has announced the 75 nominees for the Women of Distinction Awards taking place on May 26, 2022.
In honour of International Women’s Day, YWCA Metro Vancouver announced the 75 nominees for the Women of Distinction Awards during their virtual Announcing the Nominees Celebration.
The Women of Distinction Awards honours the extraordinary women leaders and businesses whose outstanding achievements contribute to the wellbeing of our community.
In total, 75 women were nominated across twelve different award categories. As a legacy sponsor, Pacific Blue Cross will present the Community Champion award. This year’s nominees for the Community Champion award are:
- Sarah Blyth, Founder and Executive Director, Vancouver Overdose Prevention Society
- Norah Flaherty, Inclusive Workforce Consultant, BC Partners in Workforce Innovation
- Nicole Geyer, Board Chair, Take a Hike
- Jessie Kaur Lehail, Founder, Kaur Collective
- Patience Magagula, Co-Founder, AfrCanadian Positive Network (ACPNet)
- Amber Price, Owner, The Book Man
- Pam Robertson, Board Chair, Gibsons Community Building Society
- Lorelei Williams, Founder and Artistic Director, Butterflies in Spirit
The 29th annual awards will take place in-person this year on May 26, 2022.